You Can Call Me Mattie
Growing up with instruments throughout the home, her dad playing in punk rock bands, and weekly family karaoke nights, Matteson has always been surrounded by music. As soon as she learned to play guitar, she began to create music for her poems to express herself. Matteson turned the stairwells and other acoustic spots in her home into concert halls, but soon that wasn't big enough. Since 2008, she has been performing at various venues; including restaurants and breweries throughout the Ozarks and Northwest Arkansas. As well as performing at the You Matter festival in 2019, and joining other artists on stage for writer's rounds and jam sessions. Over the years, Matteson has also developed her craft as a songwriter by making trips to Nashville to both write and record her music. Her dreams as a singer-songwriter came true when she released her first single "Comfortable" in 2018. From there, Matteson has released 6 singles, 2 of which she produced herself, following consistent gigs at local venues such as SixTwelve Coffee House and Bar, Hold Fast brewing co. and the annual Queen City Shout Music and Arts Festival.
Matteson has the ability to create a lyrical story that will linger in your head for days. By using catchy melodies and honest, heartfelt lyrics, she writes about hope and youth, joy and heartbreak.
Matteson has become an advocate for the mental health community. Sharing her personal struggles with depression, anxiety, and body dysmorphia, she hopes to be a voice for the unseen suffering around her, and to help people find strength to continue moving forward. Matteson has always said the purpose of sharing her music is simple: "The goal with my music is to help people feel less alone in this world."
All her life she has done exactly that.
- Queen City Shout Music and Arts Festivals (Springfield, MO)
- You Matter Festival (Overland Park, KS)
- Beard Engine Beard Company (Alba, MO)
- Turkey Creek Brewery (Hollister, MO)
- SixTwelve Coffeehouse and Bar (Fayetteville, AR)
- Seven Arrows Taproom ( Hollister, MO)
- Matteson Gregory Explores the Journey through Darkness with Single "I'll Be Okay"
- Interview with York Calling
- Learn How to Stay True to Yourself with Matteson Gregory
- This is Matteson Gregory
- Introducing: Matteson Gregory-Marry Me Someday
- Recommended: Matteson Gregory-Only Love
- Matteson Gregory on the Creative People Show
- Introducing: Matteson Gregory-War With Myself
- Matteson Gregory on the Eddie and Emme Show
- Introducing: Matteson Gregory – Stayed!
- BuzzMusic Exclusive: The Year of Matteson Gregory